Every two years, the International Environmental Modelling & Software Society (iEMSs) holds an international congress. The purpose of this conference is to foster discussion and encourage the interchange of challenges, solutions, ideas, and new methods and techniques in environmental modelling and software. Each conference is organized around a different theme. To learn more about the current conference follow the links in the sidebar.
The iEMSs is the premier professional society on integrated environmental modeling and software. Its biennial conferences are officially endorsed by the scientific journal Environmental Modeling and Software.
The aims of the iEMSs are to:
- develop and use environmental modelling and software tools to advance science and improve decision making with respect to resource and environmental issues. This places an emphasis on interdisciplinarity and the development of generic frameworks and methodologies which integrate models and software tools across issues, scales, disciplines, and stakeholders with respect to resource and environmental issues;
- promote contacts among physical, social, and natural scientists, economists, and software developers from different countries and coordinate their activities;
- improve the cooperation between the sciences and the decision makers/advisors on environmental matters;
- exchange information in the field of environmental modelling and software among scientific and educational organizations and private enterprises as well as non-governmental organizations and government bodies.
To achieve these aims, the iEMSs:
- organizes international conferences, meetings, and courses in environmental modelling and software;
- publishes scientific studies and popular scientific materials in the Environmental Modelling and Software journal (Elsevier);
- hosts a website which allows members to communicate research and other information relevant to the Society's aims with one another and the broader community;
- delivers regular information to members through the website and mailing lists.
For more information about iEMSs visit www.iemss.org.