Mammals, Zoology, Utah, Utah County, Ecology
Based on the premises that an accurate determination and description of the mammals of Utah County is a prerequisite for subsequent research in ecology, geographic distribution and evolutionary taxonomy, this thesis is submitted. While it is essentially taxonomic, there are included related subjects to permit a more thorough interpretation of the subject as a whole.
Summarizing, the objectives are:
- a. To list and key the known mammals of Utah County with descriptions and measurements.
- b. To ascertain their geographic range within the county.
- c. To present significant ecological and geological data for the proper appreciation of the problems of evolutionary taxonomy.
- d. To reconstruct the original picture of the county before white man's appearance and influence.
- e. To give an account of previous collecting and observation.
- f. To bring together the literature dealing with the problem of Utah county mammalogy.
BYU ScholarsArchive Citation
Bee, James W., "Mammals of Utah County" (1947). Student Publications. 247.
Plant and Wildlife Sciences
Copyright Use Information