astronomy, science research
Science Research: The “Long Conversation”
- Ideas in science can take a long time to develop.
- How do they develop?
- These books document a part of a conversation that began 447 years ago and spanned a 153 year period… documenting:
- how the overall nature of the universe was worked out,
- the establishment of the scientific method, and the boundaries of religious authority,
- and culminated in Isaac Newton’s book that presented his three laws of motion that allow us to explore the universe to this day.
Original Publication Citation
Broadbent, D. “Historical Milestones in Astronomy - As shown through the BYU Special Collections Archives.” Presented on January 28, 2020 to HONRS 223, Unexpected Connections: Physical Science & Letters. Invited lecture.
BYU ScholarsArchive Citation
Broadbent, Dan, "Historical Milestones in Astronomy: As Shown Through the BYU Special Collections Archives" (2020). Faculty Publications. 4497.
Harold B. Lee Library
Copyright Use Information