Mormon studies, church library, meetinghouse library
Beginning in the late 1950s, many religious groups in the United States saw a growing interest in the development and improvement of libraries. Within some denominations, organizations were created to advocate library programs and promulgate standards and guidelines. This effort included the establishment of the Parish Library Section of the Catholic Library Association in 1957 and the formation of the Lutheran Church Library Association the following year. A drive toward greater cooperation and professionalization culminated in 1967 with the creation of the Church and Synagogue Library Association, a nonprofit, nondenominational organization that provided conferences and publications for training church librarians.
"The Church Library Coordinating Committee and the Correlation of Meetinghouse Libraries,"
BYU Studies Quarterly: Vol. 56
, Article 8.
Available at: https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/byusq/vol56/iss3/8